- To Support Svc / Sol Operations Manager in all occurring technical topics.
- To ensure normal services are restored as quickly as possible and adverse impact on operations due to incidents in IT environment is minimized.
- To be part of a 24x7x365 operations team to support the network infrastructure.
- To operate all IT services, systems and applications in the network infrastructure environment.
- Monitor all events that occur in the enterprise IT environment to allow normal operations and to detect and escalate exception conditions.
- To ensure that Configuration Items (any component that needs to be managed in order to deliver an IT Service) are identified, accounted, reported, verified and audited.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintaining and administering network devices such as, MPLS routers, SDWAN routers, switches, WLCs and access points.
- Performing disaster recovery operations as required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing in accordance with the company's Security and compliance policies.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network related issues.
- Managing trouble tickets, outages and processing escalations.
- Generating, driving , updating trouble tickets via ServiceNow.
- Replacing or upgrading network hardware and software components when required.
- Technical experience supporting WAN or LAN and/or DDI technologies to support the business. Strong network experience required.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic and intermediate WAN and LAN issues.
- Engage and work with Telecom providers as required.
- Escalate unsolved incidents to higher Tier support or vendors.
- Update documentation when required.
- Following the clients IT Operations management model and adhering to our process controls and compliance requirements.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments are required to the environment.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Supporting and troubleshooting Wifi issues with end users. A basic understanding of Radius authentication is a plus.
- Communication skills – being able to explain complicated technical processes in a simple way to non-technical staff is a requirement for successful data technicians.
- Preventive maintenance of Data Center equipment and devices.
- Troubleshooting fiber and copper connectivity issues.
Skill Set Required
- Good understanding of Data Center technology like VPC, VDC, Fabric path, VRF & OTV.
- Good understanding of Data Center Migration, upgrades and refresh activity.
- Good understanding of routing & switching.
- Good product knowledge of Cisco Catalyst 2K, 3K and 9K switches.
- Good knowledge of Cisco Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K, 9K switches.
- Good knowledge of Routing Protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, Static Routing).
- Good knowledge in Configurations of VRF, VRRP, HSRP, Load Sharing, Policy Based Routing, Access Control Lists, VLAN, NAT.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP networking, network protocols and packet analysis.
- Good knowledge of RADIUS and TACACS+ protocols.
- Good knowledge of Cisco Prime, DCNM and ISE.
- Proficient in collaboration with 3rd party suppliers and partners.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Good knowledge in ITIL process and can work align with ITIL framework.
- Install hardware at locations as required.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds for handling network gear.
Standard Minimimum Requirements
- Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent years of applicable experience
- Experience: 1+ years of applicable experience
The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English.
Specific Job Job Requirements
- Shift: BLR-US 1 M-F 8-5
- Weekend & On Call Expectations: weekend based on shift scheduled
- Certifications: Cisco CCNA or Equivalent
- Customer Service Skills- Ability to engage with customers, ensure their needs are met, build rapport with end customer and internal teams
- Routing Protocols: BGP, OSPF and vrf-lite
- Cisco IOS-XE and Nexus
- Ability to troubleshoot and understand basic QoS parameters
- SNMP and Netflow understanding and analysis.
- Network Management tools: Cisco Prime, ISE, Logic Monitor.
- Network Wireless Cisco Flex connect and Meraki
- Troubleshooting skills – performing tests to identify copper and fiber cabling issues, replacing bad cabling or peripherals.
- Strong Analytical and troubleshooting skills