Global food safety and quality partner with multiple laboratories across the country and worldwide. Offers services to the food and nutrition industry in the way of testing, auditing, consulting, training, research, and other various services. Work in state-of-the-art laboratories at competitive compensation, across multiple shifts and with generous overtime available.
Shift: 10:00/11:00am – 7:30/8:00pm (Overtime is a must)
- Read plates and tubes, as required, to determine the number of organisms in the sample, and record findings on worksheet for verification.
- Write identification onto plates so that client and sample number can be tracked.
- Pipette sample solution into tubes or plates according to the analysis process being performed.
- Pour the agar into plates or tubes to begin the growth process, and prepare samples for analysis by recording, weighing, and blending.
- Collect plates and place them in the incubator for the specified amount of time and temperature.
- Prepare media and broth for use in pathogen testing as required.
- Sterilize materials needed for analysis. Autoclave plates before discarding.
- Perform food poisoning, pH and other analysis tests on sample when requested by the client.
- Ensure that media and materials are prepared for the next testing sequence.
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process.
- Perform necessary housekeeping duties in a timely manner, keeping the work areas and equipment clean and sanitized.
- Must participate in cleaning schedule and maintain retain samples as required.
- Responsibility to support laboratory management in the implementation maintenance, and improvement of the management system.
- Associates degree or 1+ year relevant work; or, Bachelor’s degree required.
- No previous laboratory experience is required.
- Basic knowledge of microbiology to accurately perform testing procedures and obtain accurate results.
- Basic knowledge of personal computers to accurately enter testing data and results.
- Great fit for applicants with previous experience in manufacturing, production, warehouse, food industry, food service, retail, or other fast paced environments.