Global food safety and quality partner with multiple laboratories across the country and worldwide. Offers services to the food and nutrition industry in the way of testing, auditing, consulting, training, research and other various services. Work in state of the art laboratories at competitive compensation, across multiple shift and with generous overtime available.
We encourage applicants with previous experience in manufacturing, production, or warehousing to apply that would like an opportunity to work within a professional laboratory setting!
Schedule: M-F, 1st shift starting at 9am
Type of Job: Temp to Hire/Extension
Location: Madison, WI
Summary: Responsible for Media Preparation within a Microbiology laboratory setting.
- Perform plate reading to determine the number of organisms in samples
- Write identification onto plates so that client and sample number can be tracked
- Pipette sample solution into tubes or plates according to the analysis process being performed
- Pour the agar into plates or tubes to begin the growth process
- Prepare sample for analysis by recording, weighing, and blending
- Collect plates and place them in the incubator for the specified amount of time and temperature
- Prepare media and broth for use in pathogen testing as required
- Sterilize materials needed for analysis. Autoclave plates before discarding
- Perform food poisoning, pH and other analysis tests on sample when requested by the client
- Ensure that media and materials are prepared for the next testing sequence
- Utilize Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) to complete job responsibilities
- Set up equipment and materials needed for analysis
- HS Diploma Required, Associates Degree Preferred
- Laboratory Experience preferred, Not Required
- LIMS experience preferred, not required