Our client is a global, research-driven pharmaceutical focusing on treatment options for diseases and conditions for which there is no satisfactory treatment option to date. The company is looking for a Maintenance Technician II to join the team. This is an amazing opportunity to work on cutting edge treatments and make a difference!
- Provides technical support, assistance in coordinating maintenance work activities, and follows established priorities to ensure maintenance needs are met.
- Ability to trouble shoot across most site mechanical technologies.
- Resolves issues and improves operations by making necessary logic changes, recommending and executing equipment upgrades and assists in developing new processes and procedures.
- Also performs maintenance and associated corrective actions on production, facility, and utility equipment.
- Maintains equipment by providing troubleshooting to ensure equipment performance is reliable and meets expectations.
- Includes adjusting, repairing, and replacing components on mechanical equipment and systems.
- Performs preventive, corrective, or emergency work orders and respond to service calls while the plant is in operation, which may include off-shift periods and weekends.
- Corrective work may include replacing electrical or powered component, including multiple phase motors.
- Assists in the troubleshooting to better understand deviations from proper operation.
- Helps execute test protocols either independently or developed by Engineering and under their direction, depending on the complexity for the scope.
- Maintains and ensures documentation, both written and electronic, is accurate, complete and factual as required by policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines.
- Documents activities supporting maintenance best practices to ensure that continuous improvement activities have adequate and reliable data for analysis.
- Reviews and analyzes measurement data collected by self or others in order to ensure proper documentation, adherence to procedures, and proper use of standards and references.
- Executes test protocols developed by self or others (Reliability and/or Engineers) in support of the qualification of new and existing equipment.
- Ensures equipment/system documentation requirements are completely and properly documented in the Enterprise Asset Management System (EAM).
- Minimum of two (2) years experience with a demonstrated understanding of mechanical methodology, advanced maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment/systems and troubleshooting.
- Education: High School Diploma (or equivalent).
- Understanding of equipment start-up and project support
- Working knowledge of schematics, P&ID drawings, and ISA symbols & numbering.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively maintain, troubleshoot and repair mechanical systems and equipment
- Requires electrical, mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to maintain accurate records.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply all relevant Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures and other regulatory requirements.
- Attention to detail, safety, quality and customer requirements.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal motivation and initiative.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with daily work assignment changes as well as a continuously improving work environment.
- Ability to make decisions within the scope of operating policies and procedures.
- Physical Demands / Surroundings – Working conditions include being outside in any weather condition, climbing stairs and ladders, working in awkward positions, working in sterile areas with proper gowning and aseptically cleaned equipment, working in and around equipment containing hazardous chemicals, including toxic substances while wearing proper respiratory protection and personal protective equipment, and working in areas of elevated temperatures such as boiler rooms. Manually lifting components, parts, equipment, and tools is a normal and routine part of the job. Items over 50 pounds, generally, are lifted with mechanical assistance or help from co-workers. On occasion, heavier lifts without assistance are necessary due to the confines of the workspace.
- Compliance to company policies, gowning, SOPs, cGMPs, documentation and training requirements, etc.
- Would be responsible for following proper safety protocols and acceptable work standards.
- Ability to work off-shifts and weekends due to business needs.
- Experience in related technology: instrumentation, measurement, control, and troubleshooting.
Pay Rate: $35-38/hour
Terms: Beginning in a 6-month contract, may extend or convert
Location: Fremont, CA