***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION OR SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE FOR THIS ROLE.***
Global cutting-edge biotech company focusing on genetic testing, inherited disease, and more is hiring a Histology Technician in Alpharetta, GA. This is a direct hire opportunity, great for someone with a certification as a histotechnician (HT) or histotechnologist (HLT) (ASCP).
As a Histology Technician, you will be is responsible for various techniques involved with preparation, processing and staining of tissue specimens for examination and diagnosis. Prepares microscopic slides for diagnostic purposes; performs diagnostic tests; maintains laboratory, equipment, and records. This is a great opportunity for a technician with 2 years of general histology lab experience with immunohistochemistry and either an Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree in Biologist/Physical Sciences.
Pay: $25-35/hr. depending on experience.
Terms: Direct Hire
Schedule: 3rd Shift; Tuesday-Saturday 11pm-9am
- Prepares microscopic slides for patient diagnosis to include tissue processing, embedding and tissue orientation, sectioning of tissue blocks with preparation of microscopic slides, staining and submission of slides to Pathologist for diagnosis and reporting.
- Performs procedures within the scope of practice for a Histotechnician to include special staining procedures, immunohistochemistry, and various other special procedures.
- Strives to meet established parameters such as departmental turnaround time (TAT).
- Utilizes the Laboratory Information System for processing and tracking, printing slide labels, ordering stains, and a variety of QA and reporting functions.
- Participates in the on-call program as needed and call back for off-shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Monitors inventory of the department and routinely restocks supplies and alerts leadership of the need for reordering.
- Maintains laboratory records and documentation as required by laboratory procedures and/or hospital record retention policies.
- Follows the chemical and recycling program for xylene and formalin.
- Always follows established safety and biohazard procedures and standard precautions. Disposes biohazardous wastes following laboratory protocols (see laboratory safety manual and chemical hygiene plan.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure compliance with quality control policies and procedures to ensure that all aspects of laboratory operation are performed in accordance with accepted standards and applicable laws for clinical laboratories.
- AA Degree OR Equivalent combination of Education/Experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological /Physical sciences preferred.
- HT (ASCP) Histotechnician certification required; HTL (ASCP) Histotechnologist preferred.
- Laboratory personnel participating in licensure or certification maintenance programs must complete the number of continuing education hours prescribed by their licensing or certifying agency.
- Technical laboratory personnel whose certification has been grandfathered and does not require participation in a certification maintenance program must complete at least twelve hours of continuing education annually
- A minimum of 2 years of general histology lab experience, with immunohistochemistry experience preferred.
- Must satisfy CLIA regulations to perform high complexity testing.
**This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you**