$16.90/hour – Monday to Friday 5am – 3pm PLUS overtime
Astrix Technology is seeking a Laborer to join our client’s manufacturing team in the food production industry! The General Laborer will work in the manufacturing facility and perform general labor tasks within and around the plant. This is a great opportunity for an experienced manufacturing professional to continue their career with a growing company!
- Observes all safety rules and regulations including use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and material handling
- Follows established GMP (General Manufacturing Practices) and Food Safety guidelines while maintaining an orderly and clean work area.
- Perform periodic equipment inspections, troubleshooting, adjustments, and cleaning of equipment
- Packaging tasks including counting, packing, and inspecting finished product for correct label, cleanliness, and integrity
- Understands that their active participation improves team productivity and plant profitability
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1+ year experience in a manufacturing/ industrial environment (preferred)
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge, skills, and ability to operate computer programs as needed
- Moderate degree of physical activity on a frequent basis
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Repetitive standing, walking, bending, twisting, stooping, grasping, climbing, reaching, and moving about the facility