Our client is looking for a Quality Control Chemical Analyst to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an industry leader in the building materials industry and launch your scientific career. In this role you will work with a variety of different materials, including solids, liquids, gases to ensure Local, International and Corporate Methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze samples of raw materials, semifinished and finished products, compare the results obtained with QC Specification defined by R&D
- Perform Gas and Liquid (GC) Chromatography testing
- Maintain in perfect condition the Lab Equipment through a direct contact with equipment and consumable suppliers according to R&D specifications
- Collect, organize, and evaluate the data obtained during testing, applying statistical quality control procedures within company guidelines, record test results in QC Application and periodically analyze them to underline possible trends.
- Identify and resolve problems discovered during testing in a timely manner.
- Assist other members of Quality Control as directed by the shift lead person or Plant Quality Control Manager in performing all activities associated with the quality control of products and any other tasks assigned by supervisors
- Participate in preparation of the reports from Quality Control required by Quality Management System, record test results in QC Application, as required.
- Train, educate and coordinate activities of Quality Control Technicians I and II, as directed by Plant Quality Control Manager.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work environment by properly identifying and storing ingredients, supplies and products as directed
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules and instructions.
Education / Experience:
- Demonstrates proficient oral and written communication skills, including ability to listen, process information, then re-communicate instruction and direction in one-on-one and group settings
- Employs appropriate follow up methods to ensure communication results achieved goals and objectives.
- Able to reach decisions, take a thoughtful approach when considering options, seek input from others, and make difficult decisions.
- Exhibits dependability by working independently, taking ownership and accountability for meeting timelines, goals, and objectives through efficient workload management.
- Able to understand the facets, duties, and responsibilities of the job; keeps job knowledge current.
- Provide strong leadership, demonstrate skills in decision making, motivating others, and encouraging others; demonstrate skill in solving problems and resolving conflict.
- Shows skills in the application of mathematics, which may include the following applications: producing statistics, data extraction, identifying trends, etc.
- Able to calculate numbers and amounts such as: discounts, interests, commissions, ratios, percentages, exchange rates, circumferences, and volumes.