Supports the product development, partnerships, and client experience teams through the testing, formulation, and production of new and innovative products.
Formulations Chemist 75-80k
We are seeking an exceptional formulator who is passionate about the beauty and personal care industry, a self-starter who can work independently and within a team, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-expectation environment
- Lead formula development for new and existing products
- Complete various types of stability, analytical testing, and in-use product testing to ensure product performance
- Proactively identify innovation opportunities in addition to daily workload and develop novel formulas applying the latest emerging industry trends and technology.
- Partner with Compounding and Process Engineer during tech transfer to ensure smooth transition of projects from bench scale to production. Assist production teams as needed to troubleshoot technical issues
- BS in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related scientific discipline required
- 2+ years of experience in the beauty and personal care industry, with a direct history in a manufacturing environment
- In-depth technical understanding of the different categories of raw materials used in skincare formulations
- Knowledgeable on the different processing methods used in the manufacture of skincare products
- Demonstrated history developing novel, differentiated cosmetic products for launch to the market
- The ability to juggle many tasks of varying complexity at one time and manage demanding deadlines
- Proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Asana, Slack, etc.
- cGMP, FDA, and ISO 22716 knowledge strongly preferred
This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you!