We are seeking a Clinical Laboratory Scientist to support our client in San Ramon, CA to support infectious disease testing.
- Tuesday – Friday: 6pm – 4:30am
- Tuesday – Friday: 10pm – 8:30am
- Saturday – Tuesday: 10pm – 8:30am
- Follow laboratory procedures for handling and processing of sampling, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient results.
- Follow prescribed procedures, performing any of the tests within any of the laboratory specialties. Calculate the results of the tests performed, if necessary.
- Accurately enter results of testing, as needed.
- Issue accurate test results, if trained.
- Operate, calibrate, conduct performance checks, and maintain laboratory analyzers or equipment, as necessary.
- Recognize and correct basic analyzer malfunctions. Notify supervision/management, when appropriate.
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies, reagents and materials.
- Evaluate media, reagents, and calibrators according to established criteria.
- Prepare reagents and/or media as per prescribed procedure.
- Conduct established quality control procedures on analytical tests, equipment, reagents, media, and products. Evaluate results of quality control, and implement corrective action(s) when indicated.
- Review and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Accept or reject test results in accordance with SOPs.
- Orient, mentor and/or teach new employees and/or employees that require cross-training on clinical laboratory methods, procedures and techniques.
- Adhere to all Quality Assurance, HIPAA and Safety standards.
- Adhere to all testing turnaround timelines.
- Meets basic expectations of DPT’s quality management system, including, but not limited to good workmanship, adherence to standard operational procedures, training, good documentation practices, accurate recordkeeping so the company may meet its stated quality policy and objectives.
- Document all corrections and/or corrective actions when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specification.
- Represent laboratory and the organization favorable and in accordance with established Company standards and associate attributes at all times.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity and honesty in performing tests, documenting test results and maintaining patient, client, employee and laboratory business confidentiality.
- Other duties as formally assigned by laboratory Management.
- Participate on special project teams a requested by laboratory Management.
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science, or medical technology from an accredited institution.
- The appropriate State License to perform clinical laboratory testing in which the laboratory is located in California, must be licensed by the State of California Department of Public Health.
- Employee must provide a current copy of the license to laboratory Management.
- Responsible for maintaining licensure and continuing education as required per licensing agency and/or State.
NOTE: License is mandatory for the role; the loss of licensure or failure to renew the license will result in an unpaid of leave of absence or termination (to be determined by laboratory Management).
Work Experience Requirements:
- Previous experience in Transplant Testing is not required.
- General knowledge of assay theory and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, equipment, and techniques of medical technology.
- Knowledge of the principles of chemistry, biology, and bacteriology as related to medical technology.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks according to prescribed procedures.
- Ability to make accurate observations and records of test results.
- Skill in the use of medical laboratory equipment.
The Ideal Candidate would Possess:
- Strong organizational and planning skills as well as a strong keen attention to detail.
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal/ teamwork skills.
- Intermediate or higher level of proficiency with computers; Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software programs including accurate keyboarding skills.
- Internal & External customer-centric skills.
Pay Rate: $38-55/hour, DOE
Location: San Ramon, CA