If you are passionate about providing health care through diagnostic testing, then this opportunity is for you! Our client is a global healthcare company providing cutting edge diagnostic testing to make a difference! We are seeking a Medical Technologist to join their growing team!
Job Opportunity Indianapolis, IN!!!!
Pay Rate: $28-33/hr
· M-F (5pm-1am)
Type of Job: Contract to Hire
Job Description :
Perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
- Set up, adjust, maintain, and clean medical laboratory equipment.
- Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
- Analyze, gather, and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs and narratives. Obtain specimens, cultivating, isolating and identifying microorganisms for analysis.
- Examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.
- Consult with a pathologist to determine a final diagnosis when abnormal cells are found.
- Conduct chemical analyses of body fluids, such as blood and urine, using microscope or automatic analyzer to detect abnormalities or diseases, and enter findings into computer.
- Conduct blood tests for transfusion purposes and perform blood counts.
- Collect blood or tissue samples from patients, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood sample.
Education& Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree or associate’s in medical laboratory technology
- A minimum of 4 years hands-on experience with genotyping/molecular biology technologies.