Our Client, a leading global pharmaceutical company who specializes in developing and manufacturing a variety of well-known pharmaceutical drugs, vaccines and animal-health products is hiring a Animal Technician!
- High school diploma or Associate’s Degree in Life Sciences with 0-1 year of related experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the quality care of laboratory animals and direct contact with a variety of animals.
- Preferred: AALAS certification at the Laboratory Animal Technician level is desirable.
- Required: Previous animal handling experience is required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
As an Animal Technician you will be responsible for the general maintenance and set up of various types of animals for studies.
Essential routine tasks include:
- Cleaning cages, pens, trays, equipment and fittings;
- Feeding and watering animals
- Handling and moving animals safely
- Monitoring the environmental conditions and reports deviations to supervisor.
- Perform clinical observations, sample collection, monitoring food consumption, and performing accurate data collection and reporting.