Project Manager II
Exciting development opportunity to work for a global leader dedicated to helping people see brilliantly. The largest device company in the world – with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop project plans, forecasts/budgets, and timelines (milestones) for moderately complex projects.
- Monitor and report project team activities against project plan to identify deviations from planned timing, budget, or scope.
- Facilitate risk management of projects and escalation/mitigation of significant deviations.
- Actively runs Core Team meetings preparing agendas, taking minutes, recording actions, and driving accountability.
- Collaborates with Finance and supports the Project Lead and team with the development of the project budget to build yearly budget and direct spend forecast for project Strategic Planning.
- Creates and maintains yearly project budgets using their intermediate knowledge of financial tools for tracking project budgets (accruals, cross charging, etc. ). Keeps team aware of variance to forecast.
- Monitors the monthly forecast to actual spend, reports budget variations and provides rationale for monthly, quarterly, and yearly variances.
- Actively monitors and reports milestone progress to the Core Team and outside groups.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of directly related experience
- 3-6 years directly related experience
- Degree in Science or Engineering, MS or MBA
- Experience in Medical Device or Pharma
- PMP certification preferred
- Solid understanding of full R&D lifecycle, from ideation to launch
This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you!