Project Engineer II
Global cutting-edge medical manufacturing company is helping people see the world better through advanced surgical, pharmaceutical and vision care products is now hiring a Project Engineer II for a year long contract opportunity in Johns Creek!
As a Project Engineer, you will be is responsible for supporting the Facilities engineering team with Infrastructure projects, enhancements and acquisitions for production processes while ensuring compliance to company policies and procedures. Plans and coordinates assigned project work as lead or in support of the assigned lead project manager(s)/engineer(s). Independent decision making, professionalism, project management skills and technical engineering experience is required.
Pay: $51-61/hr. depending on experience.
Terms: 1 year contract with potential for extension
- Interacts with manufacturing, HSE, facilities, quality and design engineering groups in design, scale-up and hand-off of technology transfers to commercial manufacturing along with facilitating, documenting, and providing equipment and process development qualification and support.
- Supports the preparation of all manufacturing and support documentation (SOPs, PMs, Spare Parts Lists).
- Demonstrates working knowledge of manufacturing equipment and processes, IQ/OQ/PQ and process verifications and calibration.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of setting up and transferring pilot and production lines.
- Performs assignments independently with minimal guidance as to the general results expected, often times dealing with complex problems.
- Provides direction and regular contact to other engineers, vendors and contractors assigned to the project.
- Ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all parties.
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates: engineering, qualification, and validation activities for projects.
- Analyze, prepare, and/or review reports, studies, specifications, drawings, test plans, and other data to execute work.
- Ensures product, components, processes and procedures are reviewed and include DFM input.
- Achieve quality, schedule and budget targets on assigned projects.
- Keep site management informed of all circumstances that could affect projects.
- A minimum of 5 years Medical device industry work experience in ISO-13485 regulated environment is required.
- Must have 5 years of successful experience managing high visibility and complex projects.
**This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you**