Production Line Mechanic – Consumer Manufacturing
- Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #34270
Location: Dallas, TX
– 6a-230p OR
The production line mechanic performs daily production line changeovers, makes equipment repairs and improvements, performs monthly preventative maintenance on production equipment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Analyze, Repair, and Perform Preventive Maintenance of production equipment. Production equipment including: Aerosol filling, capping, sleeving, and packaging equipment. Liquid bottling filling, capping, labeling, and packaging equipment.
· Troubleshoot, repair, and make adjustments to pneumatic valves and cylinders
· Troubleshoot, repair and make adjustments to VFD’s
· Adhere to all company SOP’s, FDA regulations, and GMP’s
· Maintain equipment inventory for high useage parts within the department assigned
· Other Duties as assigned
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
· Able to read electrical schematics and mechanical blueprints
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals
· Ability to organize work and meet deadlines.
· Strong verbal communication skills
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unit of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals
· Understands and has mastered how electricity travels, AC and DC currents, single
phase and three phase circuits, and series and parallel circuits. Ability to read advanced
wiring diagrams. Knowledge of Ohms Law. Ability to use multi-meters to read voltage, current
and resistance values. Must be able to troubleshoot advanced electrical circuits.
· Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
· Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
· Diversity Oriented – Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
· Friendly – Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
· Loyal – The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
· Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
· Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
· Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
Ability to lift and/or carry moderate weight (15-50 pounds), sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, reach, repetitive hand motions, hear, speak. May experience prolonged and irregular work hours, and work with frequent interruptions