Production Line Lead
- Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #34289
Production Line Lead
- 1st Shift: 6am – 230pm
- 2nd shift: 3pm-1130pm
- Some overtime on Saturdays, no Sundays
The Production Line leads’ role is to execute the schedule at or below standard cost. The Line lead will operate a line with an average of 6 to 10 employees. They will be required to do basic set up, wash down, and change over procedures as it pertains to their lines.
- Complete scheduled production on time and at or below standard cost.
- Ability to detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Ensure the work area and equipment is kept in a clean, safe and orderly fashion.
- Must be able to perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machines required per the P.M. documentation.
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions, including proper start up and shut down procedures.
- Must be able to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance with regard to machine set up, change over and wash down.
- Must be able to interact with Maintenance, quality, distribution and management to accomplish corporate goals.
- Must be able to successfully mediate small disagreements on the line.
- Must be able to complete timely machine wash downs, line changeovers, and set-ups.
- Must be able to train new team members on the line.
- Must be able to follow product structure and special instructions to produce quality product.
- Must be able to run the line effectively while insuring minimal scrap and defects.
- Ability to be on your feet 10 to 12 hours a day up to 6 and sometimes 7 days per week
- Ability to bend and stoop regularly throughout the day.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year factory related experience preferred.
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings such as the palletization report.
- Must have good basic math skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to be standing up to 8 to 10 hours per day.
- Must be able to function in a fast paced environment.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Knowledge of CGMP and OSHA requirements.
- Must have the ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Must have excellent attendance and dependable habits.
- Must have the ability to follow instructions.
- Must have sound decision making skills.