Plating Lab Technician
- Location: DFW
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #35231
Plating Lab Tech – Mansfield, TX (South of Arlington)
Shift/Hours: Monday – Friday: 9am – 5:30pm (45+ hours/week)
Compensation: 40K – 50K/year
The primary responsibility of this position is daily analysis and control of all the chemistries used in production plant process, including plating baths & cleaning solutions
- Daily analysis of and control of all chemistries utilized in production plant processes, including chemical analysis of plating baths & cleaning solutions.
- Maintain/facilitate communication with Chemical Process Engineer and Production Shift Supervisor/Manager
- Maintain cleanliness of laboratory
- Report shortages of materials, failure or malfunction of equipment, or when quality of work does not meet expectations to Supervision.
- Communicate with EHS Manager to ensure the production facility maintains a high standard of cleanliness and organization with particular emphasis on the safe handling of the chemical constituents used in the respective areas of the facility.
- Make up plating & cleaning solutions according to given recipes & specification.
- Make chemical additions to plating baths & cleaning solutions in order to maintain chemical concentrations & pH levels.
- Monitor & control plating tank parameters in order to ensure high quality plating.
- Maintain detailed records and logs of all plating related data in process control software.
- Leads team members on safe chemical handling standards and good manufacturing practices.
- Maintain cleanliness of lab, glassware & other equipment.
- Monitor inventory of chemicals & lab supplies to ensure adequate stock.
- Participate in quality improvement projects & department audits.
- Any other related duties as assigned by management.
- Provide continuous feedback to Technical Manager and Chemical Process Engineer
- Put away baths and clean out tank when loads are done.
- Assist in loading production tanks
- General department upkeep, housekeeping and organization.
- Knowledge of all Production Department procedures and processes.
- Production of consistently high quality coatings by ensuring that plating solutions, processes and procedures are monitored and operated in compliance with all operational requirements.
- Minimize rejects and reworks by ensuring that all surface preparation/parts cleaning chemistries are regularly monitored and tested for viability, as well as operational conformance to established procedures.
- Accurate, timely and substantive communication with supervisors and relevant department personnel regarding process requirements or quality issues.
- Compliance with and furthering of the Quality/ISO program.
- Adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Chemistry or technical degree preferred but equivalent chemical analysis or lab experience acceptable.
- Understanding of chemistry concepts including pH, acidity, alkalinity, concentration, & solubility.
- Proficient in the proper use of basic lab equipment including scales, hot-plates, graduated cylinders, (micro) pipets, burettes, & vacuum filtration set-ups.
- Able to accurately perform titrations, pH measurements & other basic chemical testing.
- Capable of maintaining detailed records and data logs.
- Proficient with precision measuring tools including gauges and micrometers.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must be able to read & interpret basic charts & graphs.
- Must be capable of basic mathematical calculations using a calculator.
- Must have full knowledge of safety rules and procedures and be capable of instructing other employees.
- Ability to safely handle hazardous materials & highly concentrated chemicals.
- Able to read MSDS sheets & hazard labels on chemical containers.
- Must be capable of: (100+ times per shift)
- Stooping, climbing, or crouching with some frequency.
- Repetitive movements (grasping, pushing, and pulling).
- Lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Being on your feet all day (standing and walking)
- Ability to drive a forklift is a plus!
- Must be very detail oriented and well organized
- Must possess time-management skills as well as the ability to plan & prioritize.
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality are a must
Job is contingent upon verification of previous employment, military service, education, and passing of all pre-placement testing (background check, drug screen, etc.).