- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #38340
Foundationally stable and growing genetics company now hiring a Payroll Specialist responsible for administering the company’s payroll ensuring federal, state and local laws are complied with. Responsible for ensuring that all employees are paid for hours worked in a semi-monthly and biweekly basis. Also responsible for maintaining the department’s infrastructure, executing Company policies and procedures, as well as roles in assigned areas such as benefits administration, internal communication, audit compliance, events, employee engagement, and training.
Key Daily Duties
- Audit payroll information to ensure accuracy and compliance with Company Policy, Federal and State wage and hours laws.
- Oversee payroll systems such that all employees are paid for hours reported and applicable statutes and regulations are fully complied with.
- Research payroll topics and prepare ad hoc reports as needed.
- Respond to manager and employee payroll inquiries on a timely manner and with professionalism.
- Resolve past payroll discrepancies when needed.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of payroll laws and regulations.
- Processes payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Submits payroll and supporting documents to Company Controller for final review and approval
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll software, systems, and procedures.
- Works closely with managers to communicate when time off requests, punch change requests, timecards or PAF’s need revision and approval.
- Calculates final check for terminated employees in accordance with State Laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or related field of studies, OR certificate in Human Resource Management preferred.
- 2+ years of HR administration experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of basic Labor Regulations, HIPAA compliance requirements, Wage & Hour law.
- Experienced user of HRIS and Payroll systems.
- Experience with Minimum 200 Employees on Payroll
5. Multi State Payroll is preferred but not required
This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you!