- Location: Fort Worth, TX
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #32732
Packaging Operator – Hourly Rate: up to $18/hour
Pharmaceutical Company – Richland Hills Area (NE Ft. Worth)
Monday – Friday: 2pm – 10:30pm (2nd Shift)
Packaging operators are responsible for running machines that prepare product, maintain packaging integrity & quality. In addition to filling containers, the machines used cap, seal, label, weigh and carton the bottles. The most important ability for a packaging machine operator is mechanical skills, good documentation and attention to detail.
- Operates machinery that fills, caps, seals, labels and bundles product
- Operates barcode scanner for MTS, PTS, and CTS track and trace systems.
- Monitors the speed of the line and filling rate for the appropriate sampling quantity.
- Uses proper controls to operate, clean and change over equipment.
- Troubleshoots machine when malfunction or fault occurs.
- Adjusts machine to change over from one component to another based on the desired packaging size.
- Observes machine operations to maintain quality packaging standards.
- Performs re-work on packaged goods.
- Inspects packaged product and labeling for lot code and expiry date.
- Material handling- Maintains equipment hoppers.
- Conducts checks and inspections of packaged goods, equipment and components to evaluate quality or performance.
- Manually packages shippers with bundles of finished product.
- Uses good judgment and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of different solutions or approaches to problems.
- Inventory Control- Verifies inventory used, wasted and returned for components and materials.
- Manually loads shipping pallets.
- Applies identification labels to finished packaged items.
- Cleans equipment and processing rooms.
- Responsible for batch record documentation
- This role routinely uses pallet jacks, hand tools, forklifts, calibrated scales and balances.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and be on feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good documentation skills and attention to detail (ability to use basic math).
- GED/ Highschool diploma
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control and other techniques for maximizing efficiencies and quality.
- Good documentation skills and attention to detail (able to use basic math).
- Able to monitor and assess the performance of the equipment on the packaging line while maintaining production and reducing equipment downtime.
- Proactive on process improvements and equipment repairs.
- Maintains a clean and organized area.
- Proficiency in setting up, changing over and operating machines.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, and uses.