Molecular Technologist- NGS
As a Molecular Technologist, you will be collaborate with scientists to develop and perform assays for molecular biology projects through assay development, validation, and execution phases by following SOPs, as well as support development of new procedures and improvement of those existing SOPs. A successful Molecular Technologist will be familiar with CLIA, have a Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Biology or other related discipline, as well as have 2 year of Next Generation Sequencing workflow experience, which includes Library Prep to Loading the Sequencer, using the Illumina or Ion Torrent platforms. This role is perfect for a molecular technologist that is eager to grow further into NGS workflows and searching for career advancement opportunities.
Contract to Hire (6 months conversion time)
Hourly Salary: $23-$26
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Skilled with molecular biology techniques
- Ability and willingness to learn and execute techniques related to RNA and DNA extractions, qPCR, NGS or other molecular biology platforms
- Run quality control samples; Run clinical samples and generate data
- Maintain a stock of all needed reagents and consumables
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly instrument maintenance and trouble-shooting as required
- Work with scientists to carry out qualification of assays for new projects
- Work with QA (Quality Assurance) to perform good documentation, and to ensure the lab operating under CLIA, GLP and GCP standards
- Train new personnel on project related assays, daily lab work and SOPs.
- Participate in cross-functional process improvement activities
- May need to complete freezer transfers, generate reports, and coordinate with QC and entry of locations into the BSI
- Bachelor’s Degree (Life Sciences, Biology or other related discipline)
- 2 years of prior related laboratory experience; 2 years of related experience, preferably in NGS core facility or NGS lab, with wet lab experience in the entire NGS workflow (Illumina or Ion Torrent), from library preparation to sequencing.
- Experience in quantitative PCR (qPCR), digital droplet PCR (ddPCR) and NanoString is a plus, experience in DNA and RNA extractions from a variety of sources is a plus.
- A solid understanding of current GLP or CAP/CLIA/ISO standards, with experience in documentation within a laboratory setting with respect to regulatory guidelines (cGM, cGLP, or ISO) and SOPs
- MB (ASCP) certification a plus but not a requirement
**This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you**