Microbiology Tech – Sampling
Excellent opportunity for new biology graduates and phlebotomist who desire to get into the research laboratory space!
Purpose:The incumbent prepares samples for processing and maintains documentation of process to facilitate testing procedures.
- Prepare sample for analysis by recording, weighing, and blending
- Write identification onto plates so that client and sample number can be tracked
- Pipette sample solution into tubes or plates according to the analysis process being performed
- Pour the agar into plates or tubes to begin the growth process
- Collect plates and place them in the incubator for the specified amount of time and temperature
- Prepare media and broth for use in pathogen testing as required
- Ensure that media and materials are prepared for the next testing sequence
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities
- Set up equipment and materials needed for analysis
- Read plates and tubes, as required, to determine the number of organisms in the sample
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process
- Perform necessary housekeeping duties in a timely manner, keeping the work areas and equipment clean and sanitized
- Must participate in cleaning schedule and maintain retain samples as required
- Adhere to all safety policies
- Responsibility to support laboratory management in the implementation maintenance, and improvement of the management system
- Perform other related tasks as needed
Qualifications & responsibilities:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- Basic knowledge of science to accurately perform testing procedures and obtain accurate results.
- Computer proficientcy
- Accurately enter testing data and results.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory safety procedures and policies is necessary to ensure a safe working environment.
- Planning skills are useful to maintain supplies of analysis materials and ensure analysis is completed within specified time.
- Time management skills,
- ability to prioritize samples and tasks in a fact paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical skills are essential to complete analysis procedures and determine the concentration of the microorganism.
- A general knowledge of the Laboratory Information Management System is required to process client data.
- Physical dexterity is required for manipulating samples.
2nd Shift starts around 12 or 2pm.
Rotating Shift Monday – Friday one week / Tuesday – Saturday the next.
Will increase from 8-9 hrs a day to 10-12 hrs a day.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $18.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Crete, IL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location