Work as a Microbiologist Supervisor with an Expanding Nutraceutical company that offers amazing benefits to assist in Lab operations! Must have Microbiology experience to qualify!
Pay: 65K-75K DOE
Schedule: M-F Normal business hours with flexibility
Type of Job: Direct Hire
Location: Clackamas, Oregon
Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review, and participate in the work of staff responsible for work performed in the Microbiology Lab.
- Perform Microbiological analyses utilizing approved methods for sample preparation and analysis of solid and liquid matrixes by traditional and rapid based microbiological test platforms.
- Establish schedules and methods for providing laboratory analysis and quality assurance program services
- Monitor work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives.
- Prepare analytical and statistical reports on operations and activities.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings
- Utilizing proper technique and approved methods analyze for pathogenic and non-pathogenic organisms, cell activity content of raw materials and finished products.
- Assist in the analysis of samples for both raw materials and finished products; utilize instrument specific computer applications for Microbiological analysis.
- Perform reviews to ensure compliance to specifications and standards.
- Serve as a technical resource for the organization regarding microbiological analysis.
- To have an understanding and ability to run additional analyses as needed.
- Support in the investigations stemming from non-conformances, out of specifications, complaints, deviations and or audit findings.
- B.S. Degree in a Life Science; Microbiology preferred
- 5 years of Microbiologist Experience
- 2 years of experience within supervision, training or performance evaluations
- Experience with Qualitative and quantitative analysis, cellular growth, selective medias, plate reading, result interpretation, and biochemical confirmation tests of suspect isolates.
- Experience with FDA/cGMP compliance is preferred
- Medical, dental, vision, short term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and life insurance plans.
- 401k plan with company matching funds, FSA, and tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off benefits for employees include holidays and vacation
- Pet insurance