- Location: Orlando
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #37119
New Opportunity local to Orlando, FL
Direct Hire – Medical Technologist
Pay – $30-37/hr. depending on experience
Schedule: 2pm-10:30pm (flexibility to work on weekends) – with flexible rotating working weekends employees are eligible for 2nd shift differential pay when they work the majority of hours within 2nd shift (3:00pm – 10:59pm): During the week: $3.50/hr; On the weekends: $8.00/hr
Local to Orlando, FL as a Direct Hire opportunity, the Medical Technologist is responsible for performing basic through advanced testing procedures on patients and/or blood donors samples and interprets results in accordance with regulatory guidelines and organizational policies and procedures. This role is perfect for a medical technologist that is eager to grow in your career in blood banking, and interested in being in cell processing. As a Medical Technologist, you should have a Bachelors degree in a biological science or related scientific field, and 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist. This role does require a valid Florida Clinical Laboratory Technologist license in Immunohematology or Blood Banking.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the duties and responsibilities performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Accepts, verifies and processes incoming blood and blood components or samples
- Performs and interprets various testing procedures on donor and patient specimens as well as blood products, repeating tests where appropriate
- Maintains and monitors required records and files, written or electronic
- Performs quality control, equipment maintenance and calibration as required
- Identifies and resolves potential patient care issues related to transfusion
- Provides oversight and direction of Lab Assistants and Lab Technicians as required
- Utilizes computer system to obtain necessary data and to record test results
- Participates in the ongoing monitoring for each testing process to identify errors or potential problems leading to errors
Participates in an on-call rotation Performs the essential functions of the Lab Technician and Lab Assistant as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in a biological science or related scientific field from an accredited college or university and one (1) year of Medical Technologist experience or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training and/or experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND DESIGNATIONS:
In Florida, a valid and current Florida Clinical Laboratory Technologist license in Immunohematology or Blood Banking. In certain specialty laboratories other Florida licenses may be required. If working in a state without laboratory personnel licensure requirements, must meet current CLIA requirements for high complexity testing.