Medical Technologist MT (ASCP)
- Location: Raleigh, NC
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #36483
Exciting new opportunity with a clinical healthcare company for a direct hire opportunity!
Local to Morrisville, the Medical Technologist is responsible for performing routine tests in medical laboratory to provide data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease, ensuring validity and accuracy of test results. To be successful, you will have your ASCP (MT) Certification with at least 1 year of Clinical Blood Experience in a Hospital or Reference Lab setting focusing on Hematology/Chemistry, and would Need to be able to run Sysmex instrumentation.
Schedule: Monday-Friday *and every other Saturday- 2pm to 10pm (Must be flexible depending on workload)
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Receive, processes, and handles blood and/or other biological specimens according to established procedures.
- Performs a variety of clinical laboratory tests in the areas of blood chemistry/hematology and urinalysis, as assigned; conducts quantitative and qualitative chemical analyses of body fluids such as blood, urine, performs blood counts using microscope.
- Performs quality control on test results, ensuring validity and accuracy.
- Performs calibration and troubleshooting on testing systems and instruments to ensure adherence to established standards of accuracy.
- Keeps records and reports on results according to established procedures.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Identifies and communicates abnormal patient results or issues by alerting supervisory personnel, the pathologist, the patient physician, or nurse.
- Provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating blood chemistry/hematology, urinalysis, and coagulation equipment, performing manual methods of differentials.
- Bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory sciences, chemistry, biology, or a related scientific field
- Certification/Licensure: MT (ASCP) certification is required
- 1 year of Clinical Blood experience in a Hospital or Reference Lab setting within the Hematology/Chemistry Department is required
- Need to be able to run Sysmex instrumentation.
**This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you**