Medical Technologist I ( Flow Cytometry)
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #37537
Medical Technologist (Flow Cytometry)
Global cutting-edge biotech company focusing on genetic testing, inherited disease, and more is hiring a Medical Technologist (Flow Cytometry) in Alpharetta, GA. This is a direct hire opportunity, great for someone with a certification as a medical laboratory technologist or clinical scientist (ASCP, NCA, HEW, etc.) with experience in Flow Cytometry. As a Medical Technologist, you will be responsible for performing Flow Cytometry processing for Leukemia/Lymphoma and PNH testing. Utilizing the cytometry software, perform data acquisition of patient samples. Assist with daily QC/QA, instrument maintenance, and troubleshooting. Assist with validation projects. Assist specimen management in the triage and proper specimen handling of specimens, including sterile split technique. A successful candidate will have a Bachelors degree and 1-3 years of experience of flow cytometry experience with their certification.
Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday, 9:30am-6pm. Rotating on-call work availability is also required
Pay: $31-35/hr. depending on experience
· Sample Preparation: Identify, lyse, and stain samples for flow cytometric testing; Sample Splits: Observe principles of sterile technique in carrying out daily responsibilities for splitting samples and sample preparation for other departments.
· Cytometers: Properly identify and acquire patient samples, as well as troubleshoot and perform daily maintenance on all cytometers and within laboratory.
· Laboratory equipment: Perform quality control, calibration, routine maintenance and basic troubleshooting.
· Fresh Prep: Accurately verify that all specimens are properly identified, process work completely and accurately, to include requisitions and any additional documents accompanying specimens.
· Send outs: Coordinate and prepare patient samples/slides for shipment
· Reports: Locate and maintain patient reports/folders using laboratory LIS
· Participate in the development of SOPs including updates as required.
· Professional Development: Attend in-services, reads professional literature, and participate in educational programs and activities to remain abreast of developments in the field of flow cytometry. Participate in proficiency testing.
· Quality Control: Comply with quality control policies and procedures to ensure that all aspects of laboratory operation are performed in accordance with accepted standards and applicable laws for clinical laboratories.
· Reagents/Media: Prepare reagents, stains, and media in accordance with laboratory protocol.
· Safety: Practice universal precautions measures necessary for the handling of patient specimens and use proper PPE when working in the laboratory.
· Supplies: Assist in maintaining an adequate stock of commonly used supplies.
· Perform related responsibilities as required.
· Bachelor's degree in laboratory science or related scientific field.
· 1 – 3 years of flow cytometry experience
· Certification as a medical laboratory technologist or clinical scientist with a recognized agency (ASCP,NCA, HEW,etc)
· Laboratory personnel participating in licensure or certification maintenance programs must complete the number of continuing education hours prescribed by their licensing or certifying agency.
· Technical laboratory personnel whose certification has been grandfathered and does not require participation in a certification maintenance program must complete at least twelve hours of continuing education annually.
· A moderate amount of standing is often required.
· Possess manual dexterity in order to perform analytical testing.
· Potential Exposure to toxic chemicals and the bio-hazards associated with handling blood, solid tissue, and body fluids.
**This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you**