***MUST HAVE: Valid Florida Clinical Laboratory Technologist license***
A non-profit organization that specializes in blood donation for hospitals is seeking a Licensed Medical Technologist to join their growing team. This is a amazing opportunity to join a team that offers reimbursement for professional licenses, educational assistance, student loan repayment program and so much more!
1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts are available!
Pay: $30-37/hr DOE
Schedule: 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts Available – Differential Pay offered!
Type of Job: Direct hire
Location: Tampa, FL
Perform basic to advanced testing procedures on patients and/or blood donors’ samples
- Accepts, verifies and processes incoming blood and blood components or samples.
- Performs and interprets various testing procedures on donor and patient specimens as well as blood products, repeating tests where appropriate.
- Maintains and monitors required records and files, written or electronic.
- Performs quality control, equipment maintenance and calibration as required.
- Identifies and resolves potential patient care issues related to transfusion.
- Provides oversight and direction of Lab Assistants and Lab Technicians as required.
- Utilizes computer system to obtain necessary data and to record test results.
- Participates in the ongoing monitoring for each testing process to identify errors or potential problems leading to errors.
- Participates in an on-call rotation.
- Performs the essential functions of the Lab Technician and Lab Assistant as needed.
- Instrumentation experience- Blood Bank Serofuges and cell washer / automated analyzer such as echo.
Bachelor’s degree in a biological science or related scientific field from an accredited college or university
One year of Medical Technologist experience
MUST HAVE: Valid Florida Clinical Laboratory Technologist license