- Location: Tampa, FL
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #35236
Local to Tampa – Direct Hire Opportunity
Schedule: 7A-3:30PM; rotating working weekends
Pay: 30-37/hr. depending on experience
- employees are eligible for 1st shift differential pay when they work on the weekends (4.50/HR)
- employees are eligible for 2nd shift differential pay when they work the majority of hours within 2nd shift (3:00pm – 10:59pm): During the week: $3.50/hr; On the weekends: $8.00/hr
- employees are elgibile on 3rd shift differential pay when they work the 3rd shift. $7/HR during the week and $12/HR during the weekend
Need to be licensed in Blood Banking or Immunohematology (MT) ……………………………………………………………………………………………
Performs basic through advanced testing procedures on patient and/or donor samples and interprets results in accordance with regulatory guidelines and organizational policies and procedures.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the duties and responsibilities performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
• Accepts, verifies and processes incoming blood and blood components or samples
• Performs and interprets various testing procedures on donor and patient specimens as well as blood products, repeating tests where appropriate
• Maintains and monitors required records and files, written or electronic
• Performs quality control, equipment maintenance and calibration as required
• Identifies and resolves potential patient care issues related to transfusion
• Provides oversight and direction of Lab Assistants and Lab Technicians as required
• Utilizes computer system to obtain necessary data and to record test results
• Participates in the ongoing monitoring for each testing process to identify errors or potential problems leading to errors
• Participates in an on-call rotation
• Performs the essential functions of the Lab Technician and Lab Assistant as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in a biological science or related scientific field from an accredited college or university and one (1) year of Medical Technologist experience or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training and/or experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND DESIGNATIONS:
In Florida, a valid and current Florida Clinical Laboratory Technologist license in Immunohematology or Blood Banking. In certain specialty laboratories other Florida licenses may be required. If working in a state without laboratory personnel licensure requirements, must meet current CLIA requirements for high complexity testing.