- Location: St Petersburg
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #38001
Reference Laboratory, St. Petersburg, Florida
All positions are full-time and if the days of the week are not defined, these positions will work alternating weekends and holidays 5 days a week
Pay: Based on experience
1Year – $30.80/hr
2-3Years – $33/hr
4-6Years – $35/hr
7+ Years – $37/hr
Must be licensed in Florida
Medical Technologist is responsible for performing basic through advanced testing procedures on patients and/or blood donors samples and interprets results in accordance with regulatory guidelines and organizational policies and procedures. This role is perfect for a medical technologist that is eager to grow in your career in blood banking, and interested in being in cell processing. As a Medical Technologist, you should have a Bachelors degree in a biological science or related scientific field, and 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist.
This role does require a valid Florida Clinical Laboratory Technologist license in Immunohematology or Blood Banking.
Salary: $30.00-37.00/hr. depending on years of experience; employees are eligible for 2nd shift differential pay when they work the majority of hours within 2nd shift (3:00pm – 10:59pm): During the week: $3.50/hr; On the weekends: $8.00/hr.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Accepts, verifies and processes incoming blood and blood components or samples
- Performs and interprets various testing procedures on donor and patient specimens as well as blood products, repeating tests where appropriate
- Maintains and monitors required records and files, written or electronic
- Performs quality control, equipment maintenance and calibration as required
- Identifies and resolves potential patient care issues related to transfusion
- Provides oversight and direction of Lab Assistants and Lab Technicians as required
- Utilizes computer system to obtain necessary data and to record test results
- Participates in the ongoing monitoring for each testing process to identify errors or potential problems leading to errors
- Participates in an on-call rotation
- Performs the essential functions of the Lab Technician and Lab Assistant as needed.
- Instrumentation experience- Blood Bank Serofuges and cell washer / automated analyzer such as echo.
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological science or related scientific field from an accredited college or university
- One (1) year of Medical Technologist experience or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training and/or experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND DESIGNATIONS:
In Florida, a valid and current Florida Clinical Laboratory Technologist license in Immunohematology or Blood Banking. In certain specialty laboratories other Florida licenses may be required. If working in a state without laboratory personnel licensure requirements, must meet current CLIA requirements for high complexity testing