- Location: St. Louis, MO
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #38212
$17/hour – Tues – Sat 12pm – 8:30pm – Contract to Hire Assignment
The Sample Handler will prepare study materials prior to sample processing collection. The Sample Handling Assistant is accountable for the receipt and the processing of irreplaceable clinical trial specimens. They operate basic to moderate equipment to process samples and input data. They will work under the supervision of a Sample Management supervisor.
- Receive shipments for the LPS departments from the different couriers.
- Open and clean inbound shipments.
- Resolve misrouted shipments and perform all related tasks.
- Maintain temperature of specimen in received condition.
- Scan shipments into the database.
- Follow all standard procedures for sorting and routing of samples to destination departments.
- Perform kit receipt process for inbound kits.
- Perform QC of requisitions.
- Perform data entry of all patient demographics and administrative entries.
- Prepare the original requisitions for hard copy archiving.
- Operate and maintain automation line and aliquoter.
- Ensure QC of the discarded material to prevent any failures and report to management as needed.
- Perform manual aliquoting as needed. Image requisitions to be uploaded to internal webpage and sent for data entry.
- Set up, adjust, maintain and clean medical laboratory equipment.
- Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate degree in medical technology or vocational training preferred.
- Previous medical experience is a plus!