Manufacturing Associate, Upstream
- Location: SF Bay Area
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #35042
Seeking an Upstream Manufacturing Associate to produce biopharmaceutical proteins to support treatment of inflammatory, metabolic, and autoimmune diseases. You will operate on 4-week schedule to produce a product entering Phase III trials. You will assist in the isolation and lysis of proteins, peptides, RNA therapeutics, and antibodies.
Our partner has several oral treatments between Preclinical Development and Phase 2 approvals. They create oral biologics that use the body’s natural cellular trafficking pathways to deliver therapies. They are a well-funded, public company with an intentional growth strategy designed to maintain a focus on exceptional science. They foster a collaborative environment where team members are encouraged to work and train across functions.
Title: Manufacturing Associate, Upstream
Location: South San Francisco
Contract Terms: 6 months CTH
Hourly Pay Rate: $25/hr
Shift: standard work hours, with occasional overtime
Start Date: 7/11
Specific day to day responsibilities:
- Prepare and operate fermenters and cell processing equipment
- Prepare chemicals, media, solutions, and buffers for processing
- After analysis, perform and verify documentation of batch records, logbooks, etc.
Top 3 Requirements:
- 1-5 years experience in biologics production in a GMP environment
- Experience with – or desire to learn – microbial fermentation processing
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Microbiology, Biochemistry, or similar
Bonus Points for:
- Upstream production experience
- Purification experience
- Facility with bench-scale homogenizers, centrifuges, and fermentors
- Demonstrated history of speaking up and taking accountability for mistakes
This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you!