- Location: Rockwall
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #35329
Pay Rate: $24-$27/hr
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Read technical manuals to understand equipment and controls
- Disassemble machinery and equipment when there is a problem
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components
- Perform tests and run initial batches to make sure that the machine is running smoothly
- Adjust and calibrate equipment and machinery to optimal specifications
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Skills and Qualifications:
Equipment Maintenance, Technical Understanding, Technical Zeal, Deals with Uncertainty, Safety Oriented, Power Tools, Attention to Detail, Flexibility, Job Knowledge, Productivity
Ability to read and understand repair manuals, understanding and ability to use a maintenance CMMS. Computer keyboarding stills.
3+ years' experience in maintenance operations
Industrial Electrical Experience; with 3 phase motors and 480v Required Education:
High School Diploma or GED. Additional technical school education may substitute for required experience.
Mechanic skills including mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and repair
Ability to work 3rd shift including weekends and holidays
Requires basic knowledge of gear pump, gear reducer, AC motors and preventive maintenance.
Whitmore offers excellent competitive wages, Performance and Attendance Bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development – all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account & Health Savings Account
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) $1-$1 match, up to 6% – vest immediately
- 401(k) additional profit sharing – up to 3%
- Employer Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)