Maintenance Technician II
- Location: Clackamas
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #38329
Looking for a Maintenance Technician I or II with at least 2-4 years of experience to help repair and operate machinery with a growing company that manufactures supplements and nutritional products.
Our ideal candidate has specific experience troubleshooting machines within food processing or pharmaceutical manufacturing. Must have weekend flexibility!
Pay: $23-$37/hr DOE
Schedule: (3rd shift) Mon-Fri 9p-5:30am with Flexibility on the weekends
Type of Job: Direct Hire
Location: Clackamas, Oregon
Performs set up, assist, operate and repair work on various equipment associated with encapsulation processing and packaging
- Diagnose and prioritize problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjustment as required to return machinery to service.
- Perform prioritized and scheduled maintenance repairs
- Understand production systems and machinery thoroughly, diagnose sources of failure or downtime, identify and correct to avoid unnecessary or repeated downtime.
- Understand basic facilities and infrastructure (chillers, boilers, plumbing, electrical, HVAC) requirements and operating conditions, perform preventative maintenance as scheduled, repair unscheduled interruptions as needed to return systems to service and minimize operations downtime.
- Working in a cGMP, quality environment including but not limited to: inspections and GMP requirements to perform essential functions of the job.
- Perform scheduled and emergency repairs on plant utilities and equipment.
- Troubleshoot all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and electronic systems using test instruments when necessary
- Assist production until daily schedule is complete
- Work as a team with operators
- Contact vendors on price, availability and purchase or parts and supplies
- Install new equipment
- Answer questions regarding operation of systems and equipment for entire facility
- Assist with and prepare machinery setup for scheduled production runs
- Make necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production.
- Maintain inventory and work completion records and logs
- Comply with all Departmental policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent; experience in related work is preferred; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience with food processing and packaging equipment
- Experience with PLC Machinery, Conveyor, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, and Gearbox/Motor repairs
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical manuals, and SDS sheets
- Thorough knowledge of standard hand and power tools and equipment used in plant maintenance and repair activities
- Minimum 4-5 years mechanical experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience with FDA/cGMP compliance is preferred
- Must pass a drug screen and a background check
- medical, dental, vision, short term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and life insurance plans.
- 401k plan with company matching funds, FSA, and tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off benefits for employees include holidays, vacation and PTO (personal time off).
- Pet insurance