Large Animal Technician
- Location: Philadelphia metro area
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #38038
Our client – the birthplace for countless breakthroughs and dramatic firsts in pediatric medicine – is seeking a Large Animal Technician to join their team.
- Performs daily animal health checks and reports any abnormal animal conditions to the veterinary technician and /or Area Supervisor.
- Disposes of dead animals following standard SOPs and policies.
- Changes animal caging, to include feed and water, according to SOPs and/or specific approved protocols and the schedule established by the Area Supervisor.
- Sexes and weans animals according to the SOPs.
- Maintains daily animal census sheets, room equipment and status form sheets, and other forms requested by the Area Supervisor.
- Cleans and sanitizes animal facility, assigned rooms and cages according to SOPs.
- Maintains and repairs animal caging and support equipment.
- Receives, examines, transfers, identifies and properly houses incoming animal shipments according to SOPs.
- Assist with the restraint, handling and manipulation of various animal species as requested by the investigators.
- Perform routine cleaning, descaling, and preventative maintenance on the cage washers and autoclaves, including checking and cleaning filters and spray manifolds.
- Process clean caging and accessory equipment appropriately, including putting bedding into cages and autoclaving cages and supplies.
- Understand and follow appropriate SOPs, safety procedures, and quality assurance guidelines.
- Prepare and submit records, charts, logs, cage cards, and inventories as required by SOP’s.
- High School/GED
- Previous experience working with large animals – preferably non-human primates and sheep.