Laboratory Technician I
- Location: Livingston, NJ
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #37817
Seeking a Laboratory Technician for our client – a global leader in the medical device industry.
In this role, you will be performing complex molecular-based procedures on clinical samples, analyzing clinical results and providing diagnoses.
- Performs complex molecular-based procedures on clinical samples with a high degree of quality and in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Analyzes clinical results and provides diagnoses
- Communicates and collaborates with other professionals within the company and clients, as needed
- Properly uses and maintains laboratory equipment
- Performs clerical tasks associated with clinical cases, including but not limited to: maintenance of specimen and case logs, preparation/documentation of assay worksheets, preparation of analysis sheets and clinical reports
- Receives and verifies clinical samples
- Witnesses hands-on clinical procedures
- Participates in lab maintenance (i.e. cleaning, annual/bi-annual/monthly maintenance of equipment, unpack supplies, etc.)
- Complies with Safety Standards and Good Lab Practices
- Performs additional duties or assignments as directed by management
- BS in Biology or other related science
- 1 year of experience in a molecular genetics, clinical genetics or cytogenetics laboratory. Experience with sterile lab techniques and laboratory methods/techniques associated with molecular biology (e.g. PCR, qPCR, Next-generation sequencing, Illumina SNP arrays, DNA extractions, Capillary electrophoresis: Sanger sequencing and fragment analysis, Integrated laboratory information management systems)
- Experience working in a clinical environment is a plus.