- Location: Orlando
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #38058
Looking for a licensed Medical Technician who is eager to grow their career in blood banking and interested in being in cell processing.
***Eligible for shift differential***
Schedule: 3rd shift (Wed-Sat 11pm-9:30am)
Type of Job: Direct hire
Location: Orlando, FL
Perform basic to advanced testing procedures on patients and/or blood donors samples under supervision of a Licensed Technologist
- Accepts, verifies and processes incoming blood and blood components or samples
- Performs and interprets various testing procedures on donor and patient specimens as well as blood products, repeating tests where appropriate
- Maintains and monitors required records and files, written or electronic
- Performs quality control, equipment maintenance and calibration as required
- Identifies and resolves potential patient care issues related to transfusion
- Provides oversight and direction of Lab Assistants and Lab Technicians as required
- Utilizes computer system to obtain necessary data and to record test results
- Participates in the ongoing monitoring for each testing process to identify errors or potential problems leading to errors
- Participates in an on-call rotation
- Performs the essential functions of the Lab Technician and Lab Assistant as needed.
- Instrumentation experience- Blood Bank Serofuges and cell washer / automated analyzer such as echo.
Associates degree in a biological science or related scientific field from an accredited college or university
One (1) year of Medical Technician experience or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training and/or experience.
MUST HAVE: Valid Florida Clinical Laboratory Technician license preferably in Immunohematology or Blood Banking.