- Location: Durham/Greensboro
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #37782
- Salary: $55,000.00
Greensboro/Durham, NC locations
Schedule: M-F, 8am – 5pm
Great opportunity to join a new, well-equipped facility. Seeking qualified laboratory professionals to perform specimen analysis and help families achieve their reproductive goals. Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required!
- Performs semen analysis, intrauterine (IUI) and intracervical (ICI) insemination semen preparation, post-thaw analysis and leucoscreen testing.
- Prepares blood and urine specimens for transport to the reference laboratory.
- Performs routine cryogenic procedures including tank checks, vial transfers, quality control checks (verifying vial labels and number/type of vials), preparing dry shippers, and processing client vial pick-up and returns.
- Conducts and accurately records all required quality control checks; takes corrective action as needed.
- Complies with all regulatory, quality assurance, quality control, standard operating, and safety procedures.
- Participates in proficiency and competency assessments
- Prepares media and performs parallel testing as required
- Assists with lab supply maintenance
- Provides back-up coverage for donor desk as needed
- May perform phlebotomy procedures
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals and to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma minimum, Bachelor’s degree in Science preferred, and one to two years related experience and/or training
- Phlebotomy certificate desirable but not required
Other Skills and Abilities
- Phase-contrast microscopy skills; excellent customer service skills; strong attention to details; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; high level of interpersonal skills to interact with peers and management; excellent organizational skills; ability to maintain confidentiality; and ability to travel.
- Familiarity with laboratory and medical terminology; training in the handling of liquid nitrogen desirable