If you are seeking to further your career in drug development, then this opportunity is for you! Our client is a global healthcare company providing diagnostic and drug development capabilities to make a difference through clinical, non-clinical, and commercial settings! We are seeking a Technologist to join their growing team for a 3-month contract opportunity with potential for extension.
As a Technologist, you will be is responsible for determining the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria. This is a great opportunity for an experienced technologist with 1-2 years of clinical laboratory testing experience with an AMT or ASCP Certification, and a Bachelors Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology or related field.
Pay: $24-26/hr. depending on experience.
Terms: 3 month contract with potential for extension
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures.
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality.
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls.
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care.
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures.
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary.
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed.
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology or meet local regulatory (CLIA & State) requirements.
- Minimum 1-2 years of clinical laboratory testing experience is required for Technologist level.
- Previous experience is not required at the Technologist Trainee level
- ASCP or AMT certification is preferred.
- Insert any specific state license if applicable.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus.
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen.
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs.
**This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you**