- Location: San Diego
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #34587
One of our clients is starting up a new laboratory in San Diego, CA to store & process patient samples for the Biotechnology industry! Contract-to-hire opportunity! Great for entry level candidates with experience with human blood samples.
Anticipated Start Date: June 15
Pay rate range: $23-28/hr
Biorepository Maintenance and Sample Processing
- Perform processing of blood based biospecimens primarily for the isolation of PBMCs and their cellular subsets, from sample arrival through processing, aliquoting, and storage.
- Perform research grade testing human biospecimens pertaining to infectious disease panels or HLA typing.
- Perform general cell culture work pertaining to the counting of cells and calculation of cell viability and distribution.
- Monitor freezers (temperature monitoring, issue logs, maintenance, freezer space & organization)
- Support and perform basic troubleshooting of processing and sample storage equipment.
- Other job functions as assigned.
- Commercial Laboratory Management and Client Troubleshooting
- Perform duties pertinent to a commercial laboratory, including, but not limited to: preparing samples for shipment, altering procedures based on client requests, ensuring timelines are met, answering specific client questions.
- Ensure that materials and reagents are being purchased in accordance with budget and capacity.
- Ensure and enforce safety compliance, regulations, and SOPs.
- Perform regular certification of equipment to verify conformance to industry standards and procedures.
- Retrieve samples from storage and properly prepare them to be shipped to the client depending on project schedules.
Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree or Bachelor's degree with 2 years of experience in one of the following fields: chemical/biochemical engineering, biomedical engineering, cell/molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, or equivalent.
- Experience with mammalian blood samples is highly preferred.
- Experience processing human leukopaks is highly preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas through verbal and written form.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Knowledge of process or utility equipment/system maintenance.
- Must be able to work in a BSL-2 Lab setting with biohazards /various chemicals.
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPEs.
- Must be available to work on weekends if needed.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.