Lab Technician – Tissue Culture
- Location: Gainesville, GA
- Type: Contract
- Job #35294
Schedule: 1st shift
The hours are as follows: Mon – 7am – 5pm Tues – 7a – 4p Wed – 7a – 2:30p Thur – 7a – 5p Fri – 7a -12:30pm
- *Labs rotate coming in at 6am and some overtime should be expected.
- *There is also rotated weekend work once technicians are trained. Its typically 6 or 7a until 10am on Saturday and 6a or 7a until 11 on Sunday. The technicians working the weekend get the prior Wednesday off.
CANNOT HAVE PET BIRDS OR CHICKENS OF ANYKIND AT HOME. IF SO, THEY ARE INELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE.
Assists in all areas in the production of Marek's disease vaccine. Which may include, but are not limited to:
- Performing all processes in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Utilizes sterile technique at all times.
- Active knowledge of working under laminar flow hoods and HEPA filtered environment.
- Responsible for keeping the lab area clean and sterile at all times.
- Individual monthly responsibilities are assigned in each lab.
- Individual must insure these activities are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assists in receiving roller bottles in labs and receiving roller bottles in holding area.
- Assists with the candling and racking of eggs in Incubation department
- Maintains accurate and timely manufacturing records.
- Actively promotes safety and awareness in the lab, always acting in occurrence with safety practices.
- High school diploma
- Experience in a laboratory setting (academic labs count)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and carry it 10 ft.
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time and work in a sterile environment.
- Must be flexible with availability. This position requires weekend work. Regular attendance is a must.
- Ability to think ahead to next task.
- Can work well under time restraints.