- Location: Austin, Texas
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #35096
Contract to Hire
Responsibilities will include; preparing chemical solutions, testing of products as part of quality assurance and handling sensitive analytical equipment by following Standard Operating Procedures. The ideal candidate must be able to interpret and analyze data with accuracy, compile results and prepare technical reports in a timely manner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficiency with MS Office, laboratory software applications and database systems.
- Utilization and maintenance of sensitive laboratory instrumentation (i.e. Ion Chromatography, Titrations, Mass Spectrometry, Graphite Furnace, HPLC)
- Follow laboratory safety protocols at all times ensuring a clean and safe working environment.
- Ensure that all laboratory quality improvements and administrative regulations are followed.
- Operates under company guidelines for professional conduct and under general supervision and receives direction on topics and issues.
- Reviews a variety of reports to examine compliance, audit operations, results of documentation, ensure operational efficiency and quality, and demonstrate compliance with internal and external quality standards.
- Ensures compliance with department/company policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to respond quickly and prioritize activities to meet a changing production schedule.
- Work closely with and support other laboratory members within department to improve operations.
- Be able to work independently or in a team in a fast-pace environment.
- Awareness of ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 standards
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Associates degree in Chemistry or related science or equivalent.
- Three (3+) plus years of experience working in a laboratory within the chemical manufacturing industry.