Lab Tech Savannah GA
- Location: Savannah, GA
- Type: Contract
- Job #35378
New Opportunity in Savannah, GA- Lab Tech
Schedule: Day (6am-6pm) and Night (6pm-6am) 12 hour shifts. Schedule varies week to week with overtime requirements.
We are looking for someone who has excellent communication skills and a background in chemistry to join our Quality Control team in Savannah. The lab technician will be responsible for conducting routine and non-routine Quality Control testing of in-process and finished goods, and EHS testing as required.
- Set up, calibrate and operate laboratory instrumentation such as: analytical balances, pH and ion meters, microwave moisture analysis ovens, microwave digestion ovens, surface area analysis, atomic absorption, X-ray fluorescence and diffraction and particle size analysis.
- Operate computer controlled instrumentation to store and retrieve data.
- Prepare solutions, standards, and buffers according to standard formulas.
- Prepare quality control production samples.
- Prepare environmental effluent samples.
- Prepare final product samples and documentation for shipment release.
- Responsible for efficiently setting up and safely conducting laboratory and/or system experiments.
- Responsible for making and recording experimental observations.
- Performing data entry and interpreting control charts and graphs.
- Communicate timely and accurate analytical information to operations personnel.
- Aid in review of laboratory procedures.
- To record and document all test results in accordance with the requirements of the Quality Management System (QMS)
- To carry out various environmental and safety monitoring tests in accordance with the documented specifications and test procedures.
- The position requires a working knowledge of laboratory applications with the ability to develop or integrate new procedures or work instructions.
- Applicant must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as laboratory procedures, and maintenance/operating instructions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Applicants must have basic math skills using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals in all units of measure. This includes the ability to calculate ratios, percentages and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Applicant must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions (written, oral, diagram, or schedule form)
- Applicant must have proven track record of working effectively with others in a fast-paced team environment.
- Applicant must be capable of organizing complex workflow patterns and balancing multiple priorities.
Education: BS in Chemistry or related field, or 5+ years of relevant laboratory experience
Working Experience: Previous laboratory experience including wet chemistry analytical techniques.