Lab Tech Lv I
A global food and agricultural company is looking for a Laboratory Technician to join their team! This is a great opportunity to connect with something greater than yourself and achieve your higher purpose!
Schedule: 2nd shift: 3:00pm-11:00pm *must train on 1st shift Mon-Fri 8a-4:00pm
Job Type: Contract to Hire
What’s in it for you?:
- Medical and dental insurance
- PTO accrual
The Laboratory Technician will complete routine analytical and laboratory testing in support of the food safety quality and operational teams.
- Work with solvents, titrations, and in process of inspecting filtration socks.
- Perform routine analysis of product testing, being responsible for checking and monitoring instrumentation performance and conducting tests for which we are going to provide intermediate supervision.
- Help develop food/feed safety, quality and regulatory culture collaborating cross-functionally to build, maintain and improve an effective food safety, quality, and regulatory culture.
- Run calibration checks, preventive maintenance tasks, and simple repair to analytical instrumentation, maintaining customer specifications books up-to-date.
- Conduct routine quantitative and qualitative inspections and laboratory tests on raw materials, in-process and final products independently, supporting more complex trials and experiments under intermediate supervision.
- Handle clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under general supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Must have 1-2 years’ experience in Chemistry or Biology
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you!