Lab Tech 1
A global food and agricultural company is looking for a Laboratory Technician to join their team! This is a great opportunity to connect with something greater than yourself and achieve your higher purpose!
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm (occasional Saturdays/OT)
Job Type: Long term contract 1 year
The Laboratory Technician will perform a variety of experimental tasks in a fermentation research setting. Duties typically consist of assisting scientists with the set-up, operation, and clean-up of advanced fermentation equipment.
- Assist with the set-up of lab- and pilot-scale bioreactors and ancillary equipment, execution of designed experiments, and bioreactor and equipment clean-up when experiments are complete.
- Perform routine aseptic sampling of ongoing experiments.
- Prepare samples for analysis and analyze samples using a variety of analytical instruments such as HPLC, GC, ICP.
- Assist with general lab duties which include but are not limited to, preparation of sterile growth medium, stock solutions, and reagents for fermentation experiments, as well as general lab cleaning and dishwashing.
- Enter process and analytical data into Microsoft Excel, Word documents, experimental batch records, and a laboratory notebook.
- Provide experiment coverage, as needed, on evenings and, occasionally, weekends.
- Associate or 4-year college degree in a science field.
- Two years of laboratory experience.
- Knowledge of aseptic culture techniques.
We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you!