- Location: Spokane
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #38690
- Salary: $70,000.00
We are seeking a Laboratory Supervisor to join our client in Spokane, WA within the healthcare field. This individual will supervise laboratory training, operations and employees.
- Performs quantitative sperm counts by microscopy.
- Determines volume, percent motility and total motile sperm per specimen, calculates potential number of vials per specimen, determines appropriate means of processing (ICI or IUI) each particular specimen.
- Assesses sperm morphology using WHO criteria.
- Performs routine cryogenic procedures including vial transfers.
- Performs phlebotomy tasks.
- Processes and prepares blood and urine specimens for transport to reference laboratories.
- Reviews reference lab testing and follows up on positive results or discrepancies.
- Reports applicable positive test results to the Department of Health.
- Reviews reference lab testing invoices for accuracy.
- Trains new processing technicians.
- Manages laboratory schedule to provide adequate coverage, including tank checks.
- Performs opening and closing duties, unassisted.
- Assists Management in conducting lab meetings on a regular basis.
- Conducts and accurately records all required quality control checks and takes corrective action as needed.
- Participates in proficiency assessments.
- Documents and/or communicates errors, accidents or incidents to the Branch Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline.
- 4+ years of laboratory experience.
- Experience leading a team or acting in a managerial or supervisory role.
- Previous phlebotomy experience preferred, willingness to learn may be substituted.
- Willingness to potentially travel for up to 6 weeks to complete training.