- Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #36472
ab Manager – Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Growing Biotechnology Company – Brand new instrumentation and GreenLab Certified
We push boundaries by designing and putting into action high-performance bio-based solutions to reveal the full potential of fermentation and develop industrial microorganisms and processes that allow renewable productions.
Drawing upon over 150+ years of fermentation expertise, we offer high-quality and locally manufactured biomass and bio-based products. Our network of fermentation labs (R&D and application lab), help us to provide answers to our clients’ demands, overcome their challenges and to seek for improvement potentials.
You would join a team committed to sustainability, customers’ satisfaction, and innovation, which is an industrial fermentation for a sustainable tomorrow. As the Lab Manager you will operate and manage our application laboratory and be responsible for designing, running, and reporting on experiments that support the client’s customer applications, product development, and production.
- Lead activities at the application laboratory (GreenLab)
- Manage and develop laboratory personnel
- Ensure accurate testing of samples and validity of results
- Ensure demands from tech-commercial team are addressed
- Define and manage laboratory protocols
- Manage laboratory equipment, supplies and resources, including the coordination and scheduling of equipment maintenance
- Evaluate new technologies and equipment for Green Lab
- Responsible for department expense budget, managing cost and resource efficiency
- Maintain a representative and updated sample of market materials
- Procure and validate external application partners (GreenLab expansion)
- Execute projects in collaboration with R&D and Industrial Innovation
- Up to 30% travel for conferences and team meetings.
- Manage a small group of employees in the Laboratory Department.
- Be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Conduct staff interviews, oversee hiring process, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees when necessary; address complaints and resolve problems as necessary.
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology, Chemistry, Genetics, Engineering
- Specialization in ethanol fermentation and industrial biotechnology required
- 5-7 years’ experience in bio-technology area.
- Master’s / Doctorate degree is preferred, but not required.