Lab Manager (Associate Director)
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #37125
Our Client is currently seeking a Laboratory Manager to join their dedicated team of clinical science professionals. The Laboratory Manager will lead in the development, validation, and implementation of new procedures and methods for clinical laboratory applications and will establish innovative strategies, ensuring project goals are met. Become part of an exciting and passionate team looking to make a difference – Don’t delay, apply today!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or Molecular Biology
- ASP or Medical Technician Certification
- Minimum 7 years of clinical laboratory experience
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience
- Cross laboratory experience (chemistry/hematology/toxicology/COVID, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of clinical and laboratory practices and requirements.
- Able to organize and execute variable workload and multiple priorities.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions and company policies.
- Ability to effectively cope with change and manage stressful situations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated problem solving, judgment and conflict resolution skills with the ability to provide high quality independent analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees clinical laboratory staff and all operations of the laboratory.
- Directs staff in the performance of their duties and responsibilities including oversight for hiring, training, competency assessment, performance evaluations and goal setting.
- Define and monitor quality control and quality assurance programs and maintain necessary documentation and ensure methods are in full compliance with policies and procedures.
- Lead and manage the implementation and completion of new procedures, methods, and instruments, as well as ensuring all training, accreditation, and competency standards are met.
- Trains, supervises, and assumes accountability for the team.
- Provide guidance and expertise in the analysis and interpretation of reports to clients.
- Develop and implement installation of new projects or improved laboratory techniques.
Industry: Clinical Laboratories
Salary: 95-100K, Determined by experience
Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday, 6am-2pm OR 8am-4pm
This position is eligible for a relocation package.
“This job posting is a thorough description of the responsibilities and desired skills for this position. We strongly encourage candidates that possess any of the above qualifications to apply. We look forward to speaking with you further regarding the opportunities this position can offer!”