Our client in Portland, Oregon who is improving the health of women, babies and families worldwide is in search for a Lab/Admin Assistant.
The currently hold over 600 products to include products and services used primarily by obstetricians and gynecologists in surgical and medical procedures wherever they occur: in hospitals, surgical centers, medical offices and fertility clinics.
- Provide general Department support by performing the following duties.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintains demonstrated proficiency with all applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for donor desk duties.
- Checks in donors, which includes ensuring that donors are properly identified, and specimen cups are properly labeled.
- Meets with Potential Donors, providing associated paperwork and verifies completeness. Scanning to appropriate location for Donor Dept.
- Transports specimen cups from collection room to lab, disinfecting room after collection.
- Distributes donor checks.
- Manages FedEx pickups and shipments.
- Assists in moving Laboratory equipment.
- Maintains donor supplies, including pamphlets, refreshments/snacks.
- Provides administrative support by answering phones, taking messages as necessary, scheduling potential donor appointments, filing and entering data into applicable company databases. Assisting with binder creation and organization.
- Tracks blood draw and urine GC/Chlamydia specimen testing intervals and ensures specimens are collected and submitted in a timely fashion; prepares blood/urine specimens for shipment to reference laboratory; and updates relative communicable disease log.
- Maintains phlebotomy supplies.
- Follows up on outstanding/overdue results.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of laboratory supplies.
- Performs routine cleaning of laboratory.
- Communicates any errors, accidents or incidents to the Laboratory Supervisor or Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent and one to two years related experience and/or training (preferred)
- Ability to speak and write English; communicate effectively and professionally with clients and external contacts; read and comprehend instructions; write routine reports and correspondence; and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent customer service skills; proficiency in phlebotomy; high level of interpersonal skills to interact with peers and management; strong attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials; excellent organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; and ability to maintain confidentiality.