Inspector, Quality Control
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Type: Contract
- Job #37725
A global healthcare leader is seeking an experienced Quality Control Inspector that will be responsible to performs basic routine inspection of electronic, electro-mechanical and/or mechanical materials, components and sub-assemblies received, in process of manufacture, or manufactured, for conformance with quality assurance standards. As a QC Inspector, you will act on their strong desire to make a difference, partner with others and put ideas into action. You will be engaged by a work culture that is team-oriented, fast paced and progressive. This is a great opportunity for an established Quality Control Inspector with 2 years of experience within the healthcare industry performing quality inspections.
Shift: 6am-2:30pm, Monday-Friday w/occasional weekends as needed
Terms: 6-month contract w/potential for extension
- Performs visual, dimensional and functional inspection and testing according to documented policies and procedures.
- Records inspection and test data as prescribed by written instructions and procedures.
- Recommends changes to policies and procedures.
- Documents non-conformances in Non-Conforming Material Review system.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- 0-2 years’ experience.
- Previous experience in Quality performing inspection.
- Prior medical device component inspection experience preferred.
- Experience with optical measurement equipment, hand tools, gages, pressure and force gage testing.
- Training in blueprint reading and experience with inspection sampling techniques.
- Knowledge of FDA, GMP, ISO 13485.
- Good communication and computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- ASQ CMI certification preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required, including weekends
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
**This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you**