Incoming Quality Control Supervisor
- Location: Connecticut
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #37183
Role: Incoming QC Supervisor
Location: Trumbull, CT
Direct Hire @ 75k-100k salary
Incoming Inspection Supervisor will support and oversee the day to day operations of the Incoming Inspection area.
- Understanding of ISO and FDA QSR requirements.
- A general understanding of Lean practices in manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite Software.
- Passing of background check, which may include verification of prior employment, criminal conviction history, educational and driving records.
- Oversees Direct Incoming Inspection area with respect to employee questions, workload, and personnel issues. Coordinates workflow according to the requirements of the department and Company.
- Trains employees as needed on new or revised procedures.
- Monitors daily backlog of product awaiting inspection and redeploy resources to ensure high priority items are being worked on.
- Supports First in, First Out (FIFO) material movement.
- Ensures MR Area is maintained with properly labeled non-conforming product and adequately segregated to ensure no mixed material.
- Coordinates component DTS/Inspection Sampling for incoming parts.
- Maintains 5S within the department.
- Provides resources as needed for Non-Routine Inspections.
- Sets up and operates a variety of precision gages and instruments, and performs complex layouts, to inspect and calibrate tools to metrological standards.
- Maintains close liaison with other departments to resolve metrology problems.
- 11. Performs additional duties or assignments as directed by management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in quality or manufacturing.
- Minimum 5-10 years supervisory experience or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of Geometric Dimension & Tolerance (GD&T)