incoming QC Inspector
- Location: Trumbull
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #37797
Seeking an Incoming QC Inspector for our client – a leading global consumer-centric medical device company. In this role, you will carefully inspect/examine components, subassemblies & assemblies to ensure compliance to requirements as specified in drawings, specification sheets, and inspection plans.
Knowledge of GD&T is a must.
- Performs assigned routine tests on incoming materials, goods in process, or finished goods where results are in compliance with company quality standards. Reports results to manager.
- Performs visual, dimensional, and functional inspection, utilizing hand-tools, vision systems, and electronic equipment, including Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM).
- Performs detailed inspection when necessary to determine quality of a product. Removes defective material from active locations.
- Generate NCMR when inspection data exceeds acceptable limits or when major incidents of poor quality are noted.
- Records results on inspection forms and reports number of defects found. Posts and maintains forms and charts of inspection data, quality levels or special quality studies. Maintains department files for readily retrievable access of records.
- Makes recommendation on disposition of a questionable product to manager.
- Make recommendations for moving parts to Dock-to-Stock (DTS based on preset criteria
- Reviews and approves certification of conformance.
- Demonstrates ability to perform tasks using good housekeeping and safety techniques.
- Enters data into computer as required to identify part status.
- Obtains ability to communicate job requirements for purpose of training.
- Assist on resolving quality issues and management of non-conforming material.
- Assist with development of inspection/test procedures & rejection/acceptance criteria.
- Assist with development and release of quality processes and procedures.
- Serve as a resource to other departments on quality issues. Interface and attend meetings with personnel from other departments for the purpose of information exchange, drawing and procedure change process, troubleshooting, training, and problem solving.
- Act as resource for Geometric, Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) questions and suggestions. Review inspection techniques to ensure accurate and repeatable inspections can be performed.
- Perform other quality related duties as required.
- 3 yrs. experience in quality assurance/quality control required, preferably in an FDA regulated industry.
- High school or technical school education or equivalent.
- Dexterity and precision required to operate gauges and testing equipment. Working knowledge of common inspection measurement, testing tools, and equipment required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Blueprint reading skills including knowledge of GD&T.
- Ability to operate CMM using PC-DMIS software
- Ability to review and comprehend written instructions to include blueprints, specifications, and methods.