HR Analyst – III (Senior)
Our client, a global healthcare company with a focus in women’s health, biosimilars, and established medicines, is seeking a Senior Benefits Analyst.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM
Location: Hybrid/Jersey City, NJ (Must be able to commute to Jersey City)
Type of Job: Contract (May 2023 – February 2024)
- Manage the US health and welfare team with a focus on monitoring ongoing and evolving programs in alignment with our global strategy.
- Responsible for the benefit design, delivery, financial management, vendor management and communication of the company’s U.S. health and welfare benefits programs, including health & welfare, wellness, work-life, paid time off, leave of absence and perquisites.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for health and welfare programs.
- Lead a team of benefits analysts to identify and implement solutions that align with our strategy and priorities, improve program design and Founder experience and manage overall spend.
- Balance business as usual work with managing and supporting new project work.
- Proactively report out on measurements to support our benefits strategy and service delivery model, using a consistent format across the team.
- Support benefits projects including new benefit program implementations, M&A transactions, costing and modeling, and other total rewards priorities.
- Guiding team to support training for call centers and HR Business Partners related to changes in benefit plans and programs. .
- Oversight of annual enrollment process and annual update of all SPDs.
- Integration of global total rewards platform into daily work and Founder experience.
- Set clear expectations with external partners, including defining and monitory measures of success (e.g., performance guarantees, ways of working, key deliverables).
- Develop and support strategic partnerships, where appropriate.
- Foster partnerships with C&B counterparts, finance, procurement, corporate communications, legal, DEI, etc. for the implementation and ongoing governance of all programs.
- Participates in and/or leads a committee(s) and service delivery operational reviews.
- Maintain current knowledge of changing regulations related to employee benefits including ERISA, Section 125, COBRA, HIPAA and the Affordable Care Act.
- BS Degree
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in Benefits and/or HR, with minimum 5 years’ experience managing a U.S. benefits function or working for a benefits consulting firm or a benefit outsourcing company.
- Knowledgeable and well versed in areas of employee health and insurance and retirement benefits design, employee benefits regulatory environment, health care reform, wellness initiatives, marketplace trends.
- Proven ability to manage external vendors including working understanding of performance guarantees, contracting including RFP process
- Ability to effectively design, communicate, measure and monitor benefits and wellness programs.
- Ability to resolve escalated benefits issues.
- Ability to review, update and interpret Summary Plan Descriptions and other legally required plan and other documents.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint required, excellent presentation skills.