A leader in Next Generation Sequencing is looking for a Histotechnician to become part of their team! This is a great opportunity to work in a small, neuro-focused histology laboratory!
The Histotech will be responsible for preparing histologic slides from tissue sections for microscopic examination and diagnosis.
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm *
Pay: $34-$50/hr DOE
Type of Job: Direct Hire
- Performs routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of sections of human tissue for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s).
- Proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples.
- Operate laboratory equipment to properly fix, dehydrate, and embed tissue specimens in paraffin wax.
- Perform tissue sectioning of paraffin embedded tissue using a microtome.
- Appropriately stain slides and perform cover slipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
- Prepare solutions and reagents for routine and special stain procedures.
- Perform special stains and immunohistochemistry procedures, under general supervision.
Education and Experience
- Valid License by NYSED Office of the Professions
- Associate degree in laboratory science
- 3 years of post-graduate Histotech experience
- Experience in paraffin tissue processing, frozen and paraffin microtomy, and staining.